“Our Comics, Ourselves”: New Exhibition in SCRC and Fenwick Gallery

Fenwick Gallery and Special Collections Research Center at Fenwick Library on George Mason University’s Fairfax campus are pleased to host “Our Comics, Ourselves,” an exhibition highlighting themes of identity, expression, and representation in comic books and graphic novels. The exhibition will run from August 21, 2017 through October 6, 2017, Continue Reading

Travel Series: Africa

This post was written by Tiffany Kajer Wright, research services assistant. In the fourth installation of our blog series in conjunction with the Around the World in (Almost) 80 Days exhibit, we’re examining historical travel in Africa. At Special Collections Research Center, our Archives and Rare Books can bring the Continue Reading

Reflections from Our Interns: William Keeler

This post was written by William (Bill) Keeler, history undergrad and SCRC research services intern since May 2017. I am a history undergrad here at Mason with a focus in American History. I worked for many years in customer service before going to college and hope to be able to Continue Reading

Reflections from Our Interns: Zachary Greenfield

This post was written by Zachary Greenfield, undergrad in history at George Mason University. He has been a summer processing intern at our Special Collections Research Center since May 2017. My internship with Special Collections Research Center (SCRC) has been incredibly enjoyable! I have gotten to handle a broad range Continue Reading

Travel Series: Europe and Asia

This post was written by Tiffany Kajer Wright, research services assistant. In the third installation of our blog series in conjunction with the Around the World in (Almost) 80 Days exhibit, we’re taking a look at travel in Asia and Europe. At the Special Collections Research Center, our collection of Continue Reading