Fun Finds in the Virginia Historical Documents Collection

This post was written by Emily Rusch, student Research Assistant. The Virginia Historical Documents collection includes letters, postcards, and court documents relating to Virginia from early 16th century until the early 20th century. This collection was put together using many small donations to the Special Collections Research Center. Pictured is Continue Reading

Mahogani Harper: My Experience as a Student Assistant at Special Collection

Working at the Special Collections Research Center (SCRC) as a student assistant has been a unique and enjoyable experience. I’ve met people from many groups and departments at Mason while working at the front desk, and have encountered books that were older than my great grandmother while working in the Continue Reading

Women’s History Month – Emilie F Miller

This post was written by Reference Assistant, Mike Rynearson. Emilie Miller was a trailblazing woman in Virginia politics. Being the first female senator to represent Fairfax in 1983, Miller took the lead on many social issues of the time. She served on committees and advocated for those within the field Continue Reading