Questions in the Process: Photographic Challenges

This post is one in a series about the Lavinia Scott papers processing being completed by Assistant Processing Archivist Meghan Glasbrenner. There are two main pieces to any major processing project: physical preservation and intellectual arrangement. While each involves different challenges and approaches, they are both vitally important for short and long-term access of materials, […]

Read More »

Cookbook Corner – Beef Stew

This blog post was written by Jack Moore, SCRC Research Services Student Assistant. Jack has a double major in Political Science and Philosophy from Christopher Newport University. He is currently working on his Master’s in Biodefense at George Mason University. Welcome to Cookbook Corner, a series where I will be taking recipes from the old […]

Read More »

Student Reflections – Processing the James M. Buchanan Papers

This post was written by Processing Student Assistants for the NEH Buchanan Papers Processing Project, Vilma Chicas Garcia and Colin McDonald. Both students have contributed invaluable time and effort to the project – thank you Vilma and Colin! The Life of an Economist by Colin McDonald When I first came to work at the Special […]

Read More »

Questions in the Process: Finding Order

This post is one in a series about the Lavinia Scott papers processing being completed by Assistant Processing Archivist Meghan Glasbrenner. Beginning the processing of a wholly unprocessed collection is always an interesting mix of daunting and exciting, and for anyone familiar with archival practices (or avid readers of Vault217), as Buchanan Project archivist Rebecca […]

Read More »

The Lavinia Scott Papers: An Introduction

Welcome to a new blog series detailing my work processing the Lavinia Scott papers, one of our newly acquired collections. I’m Meghan Glasbrenner, Assistant Processing Archivist for SCRC, and I am excited to introduce you all to Lavinia Scott, aunt of former George Mason University Provost (2000-2014) and Professor of History Dr. Peter Stearns. Born […]

Read More »
%d bloggers like this: