Holiday Cookbooks in Special Collections

This post was co-written by Mahogani Harper. The month of December symbolizes the end of a long year, as a very full month with Hanukah, Kwanzaa, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve all packed into it. The month of December is also a month of food! The amount of national food holidays in December beat the […]

Read More »

Reprocessing the Robert Breen Papers – Part II

Hello all! Amanda here again to chat with you about the Robert Breen papers. As reprocessing continues, I thought I’d share with you some of my favorite records from this collection (my most favorites being the Gloria Swanson and Joan Crawford letters, which you can see here.) Because the majority of the collection originates from […]

Read More »

George Mason University Pioneer: Eugenie V. Mielczarek

This post was written by Mike Rynearson, Research Services Assistant. In this week’s blog, we took the time to spotlight one of our manuscript collections of a trailblazing woman at George Mason University and in the scientific community. After graduating from Catholic University in 1963 with her Ph.D. in Physics, Eugenie V. Mielczarek joined George […]

Read More »

Winter Holiday Closure

Special Collections Research Center will be closed December 22, 2017 and will reopen January 4, 2018. All research requests will be addressed after the break. Happy Holidays!

Read More »

The Natural Sciences: The Second Half of Advances in Science!

This post was written by Michael Rynearson, Research Services Assistant. Natural Science is the research and study of organisms in their environment, including animals, plants, and fungi. Historically, natural science was comprised with what we now call biology and geology. Natural scientists learned about the world around them through observation, as opposed to experimental methods […]

Read More »
%d bloggers like this: