Student Reflections – Andrew Morrison

This post was written by Andrew Morrison, Digitization Intern for the Fall 2018 semester. Andrew has a BA in History from George Mason University. He is currently pursuing his Masters in Applied History with a focus in American History and a specialization in Digital History from George Mason University. I have greatly enjoyed my time […]

Read More »

Reprocessing the Robert Breen Papers – Part III

Hello again! Amanda here to chat with you about reprocessing the Robert Breen papers, which is nearing completion! Over the past few months, I have had my hands on most of the Robert Breen papers and seen many records that I found interesting and exciting. As an archivist, one of my favorite things to process […]

Read More »

Travel Series: Europe and Asia

This post was written by Tiffany Kajer Wright, research services assistant. In the third installation of our blog series in conjunction with the Around the World in (Almost) 80 Days exhibit, we’re taking a look at travel in Asia and Europe. At the Special Collections Research Center, our collection of Rare Books and archival materials […]

Read More »

Around the World in (Almost) Eighty Days

Summer is approaching and travel plans have been made! Special Collections Research Center holds many images and books that represent great travel destinations in the United States and around the world. That is why we have planned a new exhibit – “Around the World in (Almost) Eighty Days: Traveling the Globe with Special Collections” to […]

Read More »

Marking the Hours

Sunday, November 27th marks the beginning of Advent in the Western Christian tradition. The season of Advent starts the fourth Sunday before Christmas and is preparation for the celebration of Jesus’ birth on Christmas Day. It also marks the beginning of the liturgical year in the Catholic Church. In the Special Collections Research Center, we have […]

Read More »
%d bloggers like this: