New and Updated Finding Aids – January 2024

Happy New Year and Happy New and Updated Finding Aids, courtesy of the SCRC processing team! All of the following collections are available for use in the Special Collections Research Center and the finding aids are available on our website (or use the links included below).   Diary of World War I Red Cross […]

Read More »

Reprocessing the Robert Breen Papers – Part III

Hello again! Amanda here to chat with you about reprocessing the Robert Breen papers, which is nearing completion! Over the past few months, I have had my hands on most of the Robert Breen papers and seen many records that I found interesting and exciting. As an archivist, one of my favorite things to process […]

Read More »

Jewish American Heritage Month – George and Ira Gershwin

In 2006, President George W. Bush proclaimed that the month of May in the United States would officially be known as Jewish American Heritage Month (JAHM) – a month to celebrate the significant and varied contributions of Jewish Americans to American culture. The proclamation of JAHM was the long-awaited success of the Jewish Museum of […]

Read More »

Ok…So we found THIS during Rare Book Inventory.

We are in the midst of doing an inventory or our rare books collection in SCRC. While working in the folio section, a colleague and I stumbled upon this disturbing yet intriguing volume.  Wie die Ostmark ihre Befreiung Erlebte: Adolf Hitler und sein Weg zu Grossdeutschland (How Austria Experienced its Liberation: Adolf Hitler and his […]

Read More »

Amateur Radio, Pat Hawker, and World War II

Amateur radio, also known as HAM radio, is a hobby that allows people to communicate non-commercially with each other by creating personal radio stations. Amateur radio began around 1890 and began picking up interest in the early 1900’s. Radio communication has been used by the government and military for intercepting communications from other countries. During and […]

Read More »
%d bloggers like this: