Ten Years Later: Remembering Roy

This was written by Michael Rynearson. He is a graduate research assistant for the Special Collections Research Center. He has been working with special collections for over a month now. He is a currently a first semester international security graduate student in Schar School of Policy and Government. His academic Continue Reading

Archives Month

October is finally here and that means it’s American Archives Month! Every year since 2006, cultural institutions around the United States participate in events to get the word out about what archives really are, and the role archivists play in preserving and presenting history. George Mason University’s Special Collections Research Continue Reading

Travel Series: The Americas

This post was written by Tiffany Kajer Wright. “I am a grad student in the English department’s Professional Writing and Rhetoric program. If I’m not cooking, I’m probably watching a historical documentary on Netflix. I also love traveling with my husband – I’ve been to 19 countries and counting. I’m Continue Reading

New Rare Books in the Spotlight

For a brief period Wednesday, normal activity came to a halt in the Special Collections Research Center. Our fabulous Cataloging & Metadata Librarian, Friedgard Cowan, brought down a cart packed with recently cataloged rare books from Technical Services. When a rare book is donated or acquired, it is first cataloged in Continue Reading

Charles Magnus, Patriotic Civil War Propaganda Printmaker

This post was written by Leanne Fortney, who began working with us in March as a Graduate Student Assistant within Research Services. Her main responsibilities are safeguarding our materials and assisting patrons with their research needs. She is a mother of two working on her MA in Art History with an interest in Continue Reading