Mythology and Magic in the Archives

This post was written by Emily Rusch, Research Services Assistant. Ever since Rick Riordan published The Lightning Thief, I have been fascinated with mythology. Growing up, I read Riordan’s series on Greek mythology multiple times and I enjoyed his spin off series exploring Roman and Egyptian mythology. As a college Continue Reading

Collection in Focus: John W. Burton Papers

John Wear Burton was born in Australia and lived there from 1915-1963 when he moved to England and taught International Relations at University College, London. It was there that he created the original Centre for the Analysis of Conflict. He began his career at George Mason University in 1980 and Continue Reading

Archives Information Session

Special Collections will be having an information session in the Fenwick Library Atrium on Thursday, September 27 from 1-4 p.m. to talk about Virginia’s Archives Month, the REMIX contest, and provide general information about our collections and how we can help students. Check out our  Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts for updates and Continue Reading

Wagner’s The Valkyries in Word, Art, and Sound

This post was written by Simone Hawkins, Research Services Assistant. In searching for something new to present on the subject of our July 23 #musicmonday post, I came across two wonderful and unusual books among the assortment of materials in the Special Collections Research Center, Fenwick Library. Both seemingly unrelated, they Continue Reading