The C-SPAN Chronicles: Season 2, Part III

I’m not much of a cocktail party person (I prefer Netflix in my PJs), but occasionally, I manage to drag myself out of the house in the evening for some light socializing.  If you’ve ever been to any sort of party, you know that the one question you can always anticipate is “what do you […]

Read More »

The Two Ends of the Restaurant

This blog post was written by Christopher Babbitt, Processing Student Assistant. Christopher holds a Bachelor of Arts in History with a minor in Economics from George Mason University. He is currently pursuing an M.A. in History from George Mason University. As a student of history, working in the archival field is like suddenly finding yourself […]

Read More »

REMIX!

It’s that time of year again! Virginia Archives Month is in full swing, and so is REMIX! What is REMIX you may ask? [REMIX] is a contest to inspire literal and figurative out-of-the-box ideas for cultural heritage collections. Archives aren’t just about serious research, they can be about serious (or not so serious) art! Redaction […]

Read More »

Presidents Series: 1973 – 1977 – Vergil H. Dykstra

This post was written by Lana Mason, Processing Student Assistant. Lana has an Associate of Arts degree in Fine Arts from Piedmont Virginia Community College. She is currently studying Art History at George Mason University. Lana was the recipient of the University Libraries Student Assistant Scholarship for the 2018-19 academic year. This is the second […]

Read More »

Sherlock Holmes: The World’s Greatest Detective

This post was written by Colleen Gerrity, Research Services Assistant. “My name is Sherlock Holmes. It is my business to know what other people do not know.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle, 1892 When you think of the word detective, who comes to mind? Maybe Agatha Christie’s Hercule Poirot? Edgar […]

Read More »
%d bloggers like this: