Questions in the Process: Papers Beyond the Personal

This post is one in a series about the Lavinia Scott papers processing completed by Processing Manager Meghan Glasbrenner. Archival collections, broadly speaking, usually fall into one of two categories: organizational records, meaning those of a corporate or organized body, and personal papers, meaning the records were created or kept by an individual or pair […]

Read More »

Questions in the Process: Photographic Challenges

This post is one in a series about the Lavinia Scott papers processing being completed by Assistant Processing Archivist Meghan Glasbrenner. There are two main pieces to any major processing project: physical preservation and intellectual arrangement. While each involves different challenges and approaches, they are both vitally important for short and long-term access of materials, […]

Read More »
James M. Buchanan, Betty Tillman, and unlabeled person pose outdoors

Processing from the Outside In: Care of Betty Tillman

This post is one in a series about the Buchanan Papers processing project. The project is supervised by Buchanan Papers Project Archivist Rebecca Thayer and is grant funded by the National Endowment for the Humanities. One of my favorite things about processing is learning about a person or organization through their papers. While I knew […]

Read More »

Tales from an Archival Thru-Hike: Accessioning the Appalachian Trail Conservancy Records

The Appalachian Trail consists of over 2000 miles of continuous footpath from Springer Mountain in Georgia to Mt. Katahdin in Maine, and the many mountainous miles in between contain some of the most glorious scenery in the United States east of the Mississippi River. The trail runs through two national parks (Great Smoky Mountains National […]

Read More »

Processing From the Outside In: A Student’s Perspective

This blog post was written by Rachel Barton, GRA for the Buchanan Papers processing project. The project is supervised by Buchanan Papers Project Archivist Rebecca Thayer and is grant funded by the National Endowment for the Humanities. If you had asked me 10 years ago about whether I thought that I would be working in […]

Read More »
%d bloggers like this: