The Virginia Nelson Playbills Collection – West Side Story

Hello there! Amanda here, reporting from Special Collections Research Center (SCRC.) As some of you may know, SCRC has many collecting strengths – from Transportation, local D.M.V. history, and of course, the Performing Arts, both local to the Washington D.C. Metro Area and across the country. Some highlights from our Continue Reading

University Archives Series: The Office of University Relations Press Releases

This post was written by Zach Greenfield, Student Processing Assistant. Over the course of the semester I have been working as a processing assistant in the Special Collections Research Center. I have had the very interesting job of going through the University Records, specifically the Office of University Relations. What Continue Reading

The C-SPAN Chronicles: Part VI – Lessons Learned

Hello all! Amanda here with another – and sadly the last – of the C-SPAN Chronicles. I thought it would be fun (and informative!) to reflect on the lessons I’ve learned undertaking and completing the processing portion of this project. It has been quite the journey, and since I began Continue Reading

The C-SPAN Chronicles: Part V – Cassette Tapes, and DATS, and U-matics, Oh My! or Processing Audiovisual Materials in the C-SPAN Papers Project

Hello all! Amanda here with another edition of the C-SPAN Chronicles. This week I will be discussing the challenges of processing audiovisual materials in archival collections, and the specific challenges I have encountered when processing them in the C-SPAN papers. Let’s go! Imagine you open a box. Inside are various Continue Reading

Reflections from Our Interns: Zachary Greenfield

This post was written by Zachary Greenfield, undergrad in history at George Mason University. He has been a summer processing intern at our Special Collections Research Center since May 2017. My internship with Special Collections Research Center (SCRC) has been incredibly enjoyable! I have gotten to handle a broad range Continue Reading