Reprocessing the Federal Theatre Project – Music File

There were three main concerns that became apparent while reprocessing the Music File series of the Federal Theatre Project collection. When I opened the first box, I immediately noticed the sheet music was as large as the folders. This caused curling that hid the folder title and hindered removal from Continue Reading

Happy Fourth of July! Reprocessing the Federal Theatre Project – Play Reader Reports

Play Reader Reports (PRR) represent one of the larger series in the FTP collection. This series consists of thousands of mostly one-page typewritten reports that have been created for plays produced and the many more that were rejected. I have kept the folder titles as I found them for the Continue Reading

Reprocessing the Federal Theatre Project – Viewshare

Digital projects are a great way to promote collections. At SC&A we having been adding new ways to interact with materials from our collections online. One online tool we are using to highlight the Federal Theatre Project collection is the Library of Congress endorsed Viewshare. Viewshare is a dynamic tool Continue Reading

Reprocessing the Federal Theatre Project – Radioscripts

In support of JAM (Jazz Appreciation Month) I’ve selected two scripts from the Federal Theatre Radio Division of the Federal Theatre Project (FTP) to highlight in this update on reprocessing the FTP.  In the radio script series we have over 200 original scripts used for radio productions. These productions are Continue Reading