New Exhibit: Advances in Science, 1586-1999

Bioscience. Space Exploration. Engineering. Information Technology. These are but a few of the rapidly advancing fields of science which affect our modern lives. Achievements in these disciplines have built, and continue to build upon discoveries made by preceding generations of scientists. As Sir Isaac Newton famously wrote, “If I have Continue Reading

Archives Month

October is finally here and that means it’s American Archives Month! Every year since 2006, cultural institutions around the United States participate in events to get the word out about what archives really are, and the role archivists play in preserving and presenting history. George Mason University’s Special Collections Research Continue Reading

The C-SPAN Chronicles: Part VI – Lessons Learned

Hello all! Amanda here with another – and sadly the last – of the C-SPAN Chronicles. I thought it would be fun (and informative!) to reflect on the lessons I’ve learned undertaking and completing the processing portion of this project. It has been quite the journey, and since I began Continue Reading

No Rest in Relocation: The University Records Center Renovation

Moving is no simple task. Whether you’re moving into your first college apartment from your parents’ house, or moving across the country with your spouse in search of new opportunities and careers. Moving is especially difficult when you’ve got a lot of stuff – whether you need to downsize, rent Continue Reading

Virginia Archives Month – REMIX Contest!

Every October is Virginia Archives Month, and here at SCRC we are celebrating with this year’s theme – Spirits in the Archives! We’ll be celebrating all October long, but you can participate early by entering the REMIX contest. Please see our flyer for details – we are looking Continue Reading