The End of an Era: The Student Apartments, 1977-2018

This summer one of George Mason University’s most recognizable landmarks will disappear. Opening in October of 1977, the Student Apartments were George Mason University’s first on-campus housing. Before then, a Mason student had few choices for housing: either live at home, rent a room, an apartment, or another type of Continue Reading

Reprocessing the Robert Breen Papers – Part III

Hello again! Amanda here to chat with you about reprocessing the Robert Breen papers, which is nearing completion! Over the past few months, I have had my hands on most of the Robert Breen papers and seen many records that I found interesting and exciting. As an archivist, one of Continue Reading

Student Reflections – Bill Keeler: My Journey to Civil War-Era Virginia

This post was written by Bill Keeler, Processing Student Assistant. Bill is studying History with a focus in American History at George Mason University. After finishing the Stephen S. Fuller papers, I have begun processing a new collection donated by George Mason University’s own Randolph H. Lytton. The collection is Continue Reading

New Finding Aids

In an effort to bring more attention to our recently processed/reprocessed archival collections, we will be posting links to our new and updated finding aids from time to time! This round we have an interesting variety of collections that are now available for access in SCRC. The Chester H. McCall Continue Reading

Fall Internships!

We are happy to announce that SCRC is officially offering two unpaid, for-credit internships for the Fall semester. We are seeking graduate students enrolled in an MLS/MLIS or Public History programs with an interest in archives, special collections, digitization, or all of the above! You can find more information on Continue Reading