Earth Laughs in Flowers

“Earth laughs in flowers, to see her boastful boys Earth-proud, proud of the earth which is not theirs; Who steer the plough but cannot steer their feet Clear of the grave.” – “Hamatreya” by Ralph Waldo Emerson This post was written by Khalid Tamimi, Research Services Student Assistant and undergraduate in marketing.  Special Collections Research Center holds […]

Read More »

Get Rec’d: The Difference Between Archiving and Records Management

This post was written by Samara Carter, University Records Manager. “I have stuff for archiving.” The word archiving gets used interchangeably day in and day out by university offices wanting to submit records to University Archives or URM (University Records Management), both housed in Special Collections Research Center (SCRC). Sometimes departments have photographs or publications for […]

Read More »

The C-SPAN Chronicles: Part I – A Processing Primer

Hello one and all! My name is Amanda Brent, and I am the C-SPAN Papers Project Archivist here at GMU’s Special Collections Research Center (SCRC). I began my journey at SCRC as a volunteer, then intern, then Processing Assistant, and now I have been given the opportunity to work as the C-SPAN Project Archivist, tasked […]

Read More »

University Archives Series: Student and University Publications

This post was written by Alina Moody, undergraduate finishing her degree in creative writing. She is an OSCAR student (Office of Student Scholarship, Creative Activities, & Research) and is a copy editor for Broadside. Alina has worked on a variety of projects for Special Collections Research Center over the last two years. Special Collections Research Center […]

Read More »
%d bloggers like this: