Reprocessing the Robert Breen Papers – Part II

Hello all! Amanda here again to chat with you about the Robert Breen papers. As reprocessing continues, I thought I’d share with you some of my favorite records from this collection (my most favorites being the Gloria Swanson and Joan Crawford letters, which you can see here.) Because the majority Continue Reading

Intern With SCRC in Spring 2018!

Special Collections Research Center is offering three internships for the Spring 2018 semester in Digitization, Exhibits, and Transcription for GMU and non-GMU students alike. If you’d like practical experience in special collections, archives, and/or digitization, one of these internships may be ideal for you or someone you know. Details on Continue Reading

Reprocessing the Robert Breen Papers – Part I

Hello all! Amanda here again on Vault 217. Today I will be writing about something that I feel is not often discussed in the archival world – reprocessing! If you’ve read any of my previous blog entries (such as the C-SPAN chronicles, where I discussed archival processing at length) you’ll Continue Reading

The Virginia Nelson Playbills Collection – West Side Story

Hello there! Amanda here, reporting from Special Collections Research Center (SCRC.) As some of you may know, SCRC has many collecting strengths – from Transportation, local D.M.V. history, and of course, the Performing Arts, both local to the Washington D.C. Metro Area and across the country. Some highlights from our Continue Reading

The C-SPAN Chronicles: Part VI – Lessons Learned

Hello all! Amanda here with another – and sadly the last – of the C-SPAN Chronicles. I thought it would be fun (and informative!) to reflect on the lessons I’ve learned undertaking and completing the processing portion of this project. It has been quite the journey, and since I began Continue Reading