Reprocessing the Robert Breen Papers – Part III

Hello again! Amanda here to chat with you about reprocessing the Robert Breen papers, which is nearing completion! Over the past few months, I have had my hands on most of the Robert Breen papers and seen many records that I found interesting and exciting. As an archivist, one of Continue Reading

Student Reflections – Bill Keeler: My Journey to Civil War-Era Virginia

This post was written by Bill Keeler, Processing Student Assistant. Bill is studying History with a focus in American History at George Mason University. After finishing the Stephen S. Fuller papers, I have begun processing a new collection donated by George Mason University’s own Randolph H. Lytton. The collection is Continue Reading

New Finding Aids

In an effort to bring more attention to our recently processed/reprocessed archival collections, we will be posting links to our new and updated finding aids from time to time! This round we have an interesting variety of collections that are now available for access in SCRC. The Chester H. McCall Continue Reading

Fall Internships!

We are happy to announce that SCRC is officially offering two unpaid, for-credit internships for the Fall semester. We are seeking graduate students enrolled in an MLS/MLIS or Public History programs with an interest in archives, special collections, digitization, or all of the above! You can find more information on Continue Reading

Student Reflections – Lana Mason: A First Foray into Archives

This post was written by Lana Mason, Processing Student Assistant. Lana has an Associate of Arts degree in Fine Arts from Piedmont Virginia Community College. She is currently studying Art History with a minor in Arts Management at George Mason University. I’ve been working as an archival processing assistant at Continue Reading