New and Updated Finding Aids

The SCRC Processing Team has been hard at work processing and re-processing collections, which means we have some brand spankin’ new and updated finding aids! Find out more below! The Randolph H. Lytton Historical Virginia collection This collection was processed by Processing Student Assistant Bill Keeler. “Fairfax County was originally Continue Reading

Adventures in Processing – The Randolph H. Lytton Collection

This post was written by Bill Keeler, Processing Student Assistant. Bill is studying History with a focus in American History at George Mason University. Hello! During my last blog post I highlighted the Randolph H. Lytton Historical Virginia collection, including items that exhibited different emotions a soldier felt during the Continue Reading

Student Reflections – Bill Keeler: My Journey to Civil War-Era Virginia

This post was written by Bill Keeler, Processing Student Assistant. Bill is studying History with a focus in American History at George Mason University. After finishing the Stephen S. Fuller papers, I have begun processing a new collection donated by George Mason University’s own Randolph H. Lytton. The collection is Continue Reading

Black History Month – Martin Luther King, Jr.

Each February, the United States celebrates Black History Month, which underscores and celebrates the contributions of African American Culture to the American experience over hundreds of years. Black History Month also examines and highlights the terrible oppression African Americans have experienced during these hundreds of years, and those who fought Continue Reading

Gum Springs

This post was written by Mike Rynearson, Research Services Assistant. In this week’s blog, we spotlight Black History Month with one of our rare books that tell the incredible story of Gum Springs. Gum Springs is the oldest African American Community in Fairfax County, formally established in 1833. The founder Continue Reading