The Latest Reincarnation of Fenwick Library, Wing A

Rebecca Thayer, Buchanan Papers Project Archivist, contributed the contemporary photos for this post. Completed in October of 1967, Fenwick Library’s A Wing has withstood the test of time. It opened to patrons in late October 1967 soon after a well-coordinated group of faculty, students, and staff hand carried all of Continue Reading

Processing from the Outside In: The James M. Buchanan Papers

James M. Buchanan surrounded by members of the media.

Hello all and welcome to Processing from the Outside In: a new blog series where I’ll be sharing with you updates from our National Endowment for the Humanities grant to process the papers of James M. Buchanan. I’m Rebecca Thayer, the project archivist for the grant. James M. Buchanan (1919-2013) Continue Reading

The James M. Buchanan Papers Processing Project: Beginnings

Way back in spring 2020 (as noted by SCRC director Lynn Eaton in an earlier post), SCRC received some welcome good news at a moment when it seemed in short supply. We were informed that our application for a National Endowment for the Humanities grant to finish processing the James Continue Reading

The C-SPAN Chronicles: Season 2, Part VI

Hello! It’s me again—Kelsey Kim: cereal lover, ghost story enthusiast, C-SPAN Project Archivist (today, I’ll be primarily focusing on that last one).  We are still hard at work making the C-SPAN collection available to you, plugging away at the tasks of refining and redacting to present it as best we Continue Reading