The C-SPAN Chronicles: Season 2, Part III

I’m not much of a cocktail party person (I prefer Netflix in my PJs), but occasionally, I manage to drag myself out of the house in the evening for some light socializing.  If you’ve ever been to any sort of party, you know that the one question you can always anticipate is “what do you […]

Read More »

The C-SPAN Chronicles: Part VI – Lessons Learned

Hello all! Amanda here with another – and sadly the last – of the C-SPAN Chronicles. I thought it would be fun (and informative!) to reflect on the lessons I’ve learned undertaking and completing the processing portion of this project. It has been quite the journey, and since I began processing the C-SPAN records in […]

Read More »

The C-SPAN Chronicles: Part V – Cassette Tapes, and DATS, and U-matics, Oh My! or Processing Audiovisual Materials in the C-SPAN Papers Project

Hello all! Amanda here with another edition of the C-SPAN Chronicles. This week I will be discussing the challenges of processing audiovisual materials in archival collections, and the specific challenges I have encountered when processing them in the C-SPAN papers. Let’s go! Imagine you open a box. Inside are various analog audiovisual materials – from […]

Read More »
%d bloggers like this: