Intern With SCRC in Spring 2018!

Special Collections Research Center is offering three internships for the Spring 2018 semester in Digitization, Exhibits, and Transcription for GMU and non-GMU students alike. If you’d like practical experience in special collections, archives, and/or digitization, one of these internships may be ideal for you or someone you know. Details on how to apply are available […]

Read More »

Reprocessing the Robert Breen Papers – Part I

Hello all! Amanda here again on Vault 217. Today I will be writing about something that I feel is not often discussed in the archival world – reprocessing! If you’ve read any of my previous blog entries (such as the C-SPAN chronicles, where I discussed archival processing at length) you’ll understand that processing is an […]

Read More »

Thanksgiving Closing

Special Collections Research Center will be closed from Wednesday, November 22 until Monday, November 27 for the Thanksgiving holiday.

Read More »

Thanksgiving Materials in Special Collections Research Center

This post was co-written by Mahogani Harper, Research Services student assistant. Thanksgiving is one of the biggest holidays of the year. A large part of Thanksgiving is the food. From the turkey and stuffing to the mash potatoes and yams, you will never have to worry about being hungry on Thanksgiving. The only problem is […]

Read More »

Physical Sciences and Mathematics: One Half of Advances in Science!

Advances in Science: Standing on the Shoulders of Giants has two focuses: the natural sciences and the physical sciences and mathematics. This post details items in the the physical sciences/mathematics part.   Mathematics It is commonly accepted that the mathematical sciences begin with Euclid (323 BCE – 285 BCE). While not much is known about the life of Euclid, we have […]

Read More »
%d bloggers like this: