Apathy? The Class of ’68 and Student Life at Mason

This is Part 3 of a four-part series of articles pertaining to the George Mason University Class of 1968. The text is borrowed from SCRC’s exhibition “First Class: Mason ’68 and Beyond” currently on display through August 2018 in the SCRC Gallery. As is sometimes part of the two-year commuter-college experience in America, the George […]

Read More »

Adventures in Processing – The Randolph H. Lytton Collection

This post was written by Bill Keeler, Processing Student Assistant. Bill is studying History with a focus in American History at George Mason University. Hello! During my last blog post I highlighted the Randolph H. Lytton Historical Virginia collection, including items that exhibited different emotions a soldier felt during the Civil War when enlisting, experiencing […]

Read More »

18th Century London: Händel and His Contemporaries

This post was written by Simone Hawkins, Reference Assistant in Research Services. She is pursuing her Bachelor’s Degree in Music here at George Mason University and Baroque music is her area of interest. Complementing our first #musicmonday post, which highlighted Georg Friedrich Händel’s very famous set of orchestral suites entitled The Celebrated Water Musick (M1003.H22 W3 […]

Read More »

The End of an Era: The Student Apartments, 1977-2018

This summer one of George Mason University’s most recognizable landmarks will disappear. Opening in October of 1977, the Student Apartments were George Mason University’s first on-campus housing. Before then, a Mason student had few choices for housing: either live at home, rent a room, an apartment, or another type of living arrangement in Fairfax or […]

Read More »

Reprocessing the Robert Breen Papers – Part III

Hello again! Amanda here to chat with you about reprocessing the Robert Breen papers, which is nearing completion! Over the past few months, I have had my hands on most of the Robert Breen papers and seen many records that I found interesting and exciting. As an archivist, one of my favorite things to process […]

Read More »
%d bloggers like this: