A War of Contradictions: The Vietnam Conflict 1945-1975

“It became necessary to destroy the town in order to save it.” This quote, attributed to a U.S. Army officer in February 1968, illustrates the contradictions inherent in the Vietnam Conflict. Seen by some as a noble fight to stop Communism and help a developing country establish democracy, and others Continue Reading

The C-SPAN Chronicles: Season 2, Part III

I’m not much of a cocktail party person (I prefer Netflix in my PJs), but occasionally, I manage to drag myself out of the house in the evening for some light socializing.  If you’ve ever been to any sort of party, you know that the one question you can always Continue Reading

The Two Ends of the Restaurant

This blog post was written by Christopher Babbitt, Processing Student Assistant. Christopher holds a Bachelor of Arts in History with a minor in Economics from George Mason University. He is currently pursuing an M.A. in History from George Mason University. As a student of history, working in the archival field Continue Reading

REMIX!

It’s that time of year again! Virginia Archives Month is in full swing, and so is REMIX! What is REMIX you may ask? [REMIX] is a contest to inspire literal and figurative out-of-the-box ideas for cultural heritage collections. Archives aren’t just about serious research, they can be about serious (or Continue Reading