Thanksgiving Break Closure

Special Collections Research Center will be closed beginning next Tuesday, November 26 at 4:30pm and will reopen on Monday, December 2 at 9:30am. Enjoy your break!  

Read More »

A War of Contradictions: The Vietnam Conflict 1945-1975

“It became necessary to destroy the town in order to save it.” This quote, attributed to a U.S. Army officer in February 1968, illustrates the contradictions inherent in the Vietnam Conflict. Seen by some as a noble fight to stop Communism and help a developing country establish democracy, and others as interference in a war […]

Read More »

The C-SPAN Chronicles: Season 2, Part III

I’m not much of a cocktail party person (I prefer Netflix in my PJs), but occasionally, I manage to drag myself out of the house in the evening for some light socializing.  If you’ve ever been to any sort of party, you know that the one question you can always anticipate is “what do you […]

Read More »

The Two Ends of the Restaurant

This blog post was written by Christopher Babbitt, Processing Student Assistant. Christopher holds a Bachelor of Arts in History with a minor in Economics from George Mason University. He is currently pursuing an M.A. in History from George Mason University. As a student of history, working in the archival field is like suddenly finding yourself […]

Read More »
%d bloggers like this: