Exploring the Martin Cohen Theater Collection

Eight playbills for different theater shows are laid out on a wooden table.

Recently, I took a turn away from my standard digital work to do something I haven’t done since I was a teeny weeny undergraduate student about….ten years ago (hey, 30s are the new 20s)—PROCESSING! And I got a great collection to jump into.  The materials belonged to a late GMU Continue Reading

Women’s History Month – Celebrating Dr. Eugenie V. Mielczarek

This post was written by Colleen Gerrity, Reading Room Coordinator. She is currently pursuing her MA in Psychology. Happy March, and Happy Women’s History Month! On this 35th celebration of Women’s History Month, we honor the ongoing achievements and contributions of women in the United States and around the world. Continue Reading

New and Updated Finding Aids – Part 2

John Thomson Mason, Jr. letter Letter from John Thomson Mason, Jr. to an unknown recipient, July 7, 1841. The letter was written during Mason’s tenure as U.S. Representative for the sixth district of Maryland. The letter reads: “House of Representatives, July 7, 1841, Dear Sir, You will do me a Continue Reading

We Are Mason: A Student History

Our university celebrates its 50th Anniversary as an independent institution this year. The above photograph is the only one from that day known to exist. It was most likely taken by a George Mason University (GMU) employee in a department housed in the North Building (today known as Finley) called Continue Reading