Spring Processing Finds

This post was written by Bill Keeler, Processing Student Assistant. Bill has a Bachelor of Arts in History with a focus in American History from George Mason University. The act of reprocessing a collection is about what half of my time here at SCRC is spent doing. While, processing a Continue Reading

Reprocessing Adventures – The Zelda Fichandler Papers

This post was written by Bill Keeler, Processing Student Assistant. Bill is studying History with a focus in American History at George Mason University. Since processing the Randolph H. Lytton Historical Virginia collection, I have begun reprocessing the Zelda Fichandler papers. I had the chance to poke around the collection and many problems have presented themselves! Continue Reading

A braille program from the Arena Stage records

Currently I’m working with Kerry Mitchell, one of our student assistant archivists, on reprocessing the Arena Stage records. The collection consists of approximately 675 boxes of scripts, correspondence, photographs, and audiovisual materials, so even with two people working on it, it has been a time consuming and complex project. While Continue Reading

On Display: Ah, Wilderness!

SC&A has put together an exhibit of materials from various productions of Eugene O’Neill’s only comedy Ah, Wilderness! On display in the A wing of Fenwick Library are photographs, playbills, scripts, production and technical notes, and other materials from Arena Stage, the Federal Theatre Project of the 1930s, and Studio Continue Reading