Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween! There is something inherently creepy about marionettes to me and after looking through photographs of marionettes used by the Federal Theatre Project, I thought a Halloween blog post might be the perfect way to highlight some of the photographs from the newly processed Ralph Chessé papers. All of these photographs are from productions […]

Read More »

New FTP finding aid available!

I am happy to announce that a new finding aid for the Federal Theatre Project collection is available! In total the collection numbers 363 boxes of material created by the Federal Theatre Project and donated to George Mason University from the Library of Congress. Originally the collection was much larger when it first came to […]

Read More »

Reprocessing the Federal Theatre Project – Music File

There were three main concerns that became apparent while reprocessing the Music File series of the Federal Theatre Project collection. When I opened the first box, I immediately noticed the sheet music was as large as the folders. This caused curling that hid the folder title and hindered removal from the box. The second concern […]

Read More »

Reprocessing the Federal Theatre Project – Viewshare

Digital projects are a great way to promote collections. At SC&A we having been adding new ways to interact with materials from our collections online. One online tool we are using to highlight the Federal Theatre Project collection is the Library of Congress endorsed Viewshare. Viewshare is a dynamic tool that allows users to upload […]

Read More »
%d bloggers like this: