Processing from the Outside In: Processing Plan

Hello and welcome back to Processing from the Outside In, where I’ll be sharing with you updates from the James M. Buchanan papers processing project. It’s been six months since I’ve started working on the project, which means we’re one-quarter of the way finished! In my last blog post, I discussed my initial survey of […]

Read More »

New and Updated Finding Aids – Part One

Welcome again! Here is a collection (no pun intended) of recently created and updated finding aids. Our processing team is working remotely to get these resources up, and we hope you will find them useful! More to come in the near future. Lenora Little scrapbook This collection was processed by Processing Student Assistant Chris Babbitt. […]

Read More »

New and Updated Finding Aids

The SCRC processing team has been hard at work processing and reprocessing collections, which mean (drumroll please)…more new and updated finding aids! Of note, the former Virginia historic documents collection (C0034) has been revamped so that each item will appropriately have its own finding aid and collection number. See below for links to and brief […]

Read More »

Spring Processing Finds

This post was written by Bill Keeler, Processing Student Assistant. Bill has a Bachelor of Arts in History with a focus in American History from George Mason University. The act of reprocessing a collection is about what half of my time here at SCRC is spent doing. While, processing a previously untouched collection is incredibly […]

Read More »

Student Reflections – Amy Blake

This post was written by Amy Blake, Processing Intern for the Fall 2018 semester. Amy has her BA in History and English from the University of Mary Washington. She is currently studying as a non-degree student at George Mason University, and intends to pursue a Master of Library Science degree in the future. Coming out […]

Read More »
%d bloggers like this: