Lavinia Scott papers – Open for Access

The Special Collections Research Center (SCRC) and George Mason University (GMU) Libraries recently hosted an event celebrating the official opening of the Lavinia Scott papers. This collection consists of 33 linear feet of material created and collected by missionary educator and speaker (Clara) Lavinia Scott (1907-1997) spanning circa the 1860s-1998, with particularly rich coverage […]

Read More »

A Book of Memories

This post was written by Colleen Gerrity, Reading Room Coordinator. She is starting her Master’s degree at Mason this year. Last summer, I took on the gargantuan task of sorting, organizing, and arranging 30+ years of my family’s photographs into photo albums. I took the heavy boxes home from my mom’s house, stuffed them into […]

Read More »

America’s Dairy Land

This post was written by Emily Rusch, Research Services Assistant. George Mason University’s Special Collections Research Center has a collection of books known as the American Guide Series. This series, which was donated by Herbert Little, has a guidebook for each of the fifty states. I will be focusing on the book about Wisconsin, the […]

Read More »

Reprocessing Adventures – The Zelda Fichandler Papers

This post was written by Bill Keeler, Processing Student Assistant. Bill is studying History with a focus in American History at George Mason University. Since processing the Randolph H. Lytton Historical Virginia collection, I have begun reprocessing the Zelda Fichandler papers. I had the chance to poke around the collection and many problems have presented themselves! The first hurdle was to […]

Read More »

Student Reflections – Andrew Morrison

This post was written by Andrew Morrison, Digitization Intern for the Fall 2018 semester. Andrew has a BA in History from George Mason University. He is currently pursuing his Masters in Applied History with a focus in American History and a specialization in Digital History from George Mason University. I have greatly enjoyed my time […]

Read More »
%d bloggers like this: