Student Reflections – Ben Brands: The Jerome Epstein Papers – Part One

The post was written by Ben Brands, the 2018 L. Claire Kincannon Intern at the George Mason University Libraries Special Collections Research Center. He holds a B.A. in History from the College of William and Mary and an M.A. in History at George Mason University, and is currently a PhD Continue Reading

Adventures in Processing – The Randolph H. Lytton Collection

This post was written by Bill Keeler, Processing Student Assistant. Bill is studying History with a focus in American History at George Mason University. Hello! During my last blog post I highlighted the Randolph H. Lytton Historical Virginia collection, including items that exhibited different emotions a soldier felt during the Continue Reading

The End of an Era: The Student Apartments, 1977-2018

This summer one of George Mason University’s most recognizable landmarks will disappear. Opening in October of 1977, the Student Apartments were George Mason University’s first on-campus housing. Before then, a Mason student had few choices for housing: either live at home, rent a room, an apartment, or another type of Continue Reading

Reprocessing the Robert Breen Papers – Part III

Hello again! Amanda here to chat with you about reprocessing the Robert Breen papers, which is nearing completion! Over the past few months, I have had my hands on most of the Robert Breen papers and seen many records that I found interesting and exciting. As an archivist, one of Continue Reading