Advances in Science Exhibit Reception

Please join Special Collections Research Center for our exhibition reception on Tuesday. We will also have a guest speaker, Dr. James Trefil. We are showcasing a variety of materials, such as rare books, photographs and documents that touch on areas such as bioscience, information technology, engineering, and space exploration. If Continue Reading

New Exhibit: Advances in Science, 1586-1999

Bioscience. Space Exploration. Engineering. Information Technology. These are but a few of the rapidly advancing fields of science which affect our modern lives. Achievements in these disciplines have built, and continue to build upon discoveries made by preceding generations of scientists. As Sir Isaac Newton famously wrote, “If I have Continue Reading

Travel Series: Hi’iaka

Hello all! Amanda here. I was one of the curators of Special Collection Research Center’s summer exhibition “Around the World in (Almost) 80 Days,” which although now closed, lingers on in this last Travel Series post. During the curation and building of this exhibit, my co-curator Brittney Falter and I Continue Reading

“Our Comics, Ourselves”: New Exhibition in SCRC and Fenwick Gallery

Fenwick Gallery and Special Collections Research Center at Fenwick Library on George Mason University’s Fairfax campus are pleased to host “Our Comics, Ourselves,” an exhibition highlighting themes of identity, expression, and representation in comic books and graphic novels. The exhibition will run from August 21, 2017 through October 6, 2017, Continue Reading

Travel Series: Africa

This post was written by Tiffany Kajer Wright, research services assistant. In the fourth installation of our blog series in conjunction with the Around the World in (Almost) 80 Days exhibit, we’re examining historical travel in Africa. At Special Collections Research Center, our Archives and Rare Books can bring the Continue Reading