Processing from the Outside In: Ann Bakke Buchanan

Black and white photograph of three couples of men and women at a restaurant. The men are in military uniforms.

This blog post was written by Rachel Barton, GRA for the Buchanan Papers processing project and is one in a series about the project. The project is supervised by Buchanan Papers Project Archivist Rebecca Thayer and is grant funded by the National Endowment for the Humanities. When you work in Continue Reading

Processing from the Outside In: Care of Betty Tillman

James M. Buchanan, Betty Tillman, and unlabeled person pose outdoors

This post is one in a series about the Buchanan Papers processing project. The project is supervised by Buchanan Papers Project Archivist Rebecca Thayer and is grant funded by the National Endowment for the Humanities. One of my favorite things about processing is learning about a person or organization through Continue Reading

Exploring the Martin Cohen Theater Collection

Eight playbills for different theater shows are laid out on a wooden table.

Recently, I took a turn away from my standard digital work to do something I haven’t done since I was a teeny weeny undergraduate student about….ten years ago (hey, 30s are the new 20s)—PROCESSING! And I got a great collection to jump into.  The materials belonged to a late GMU Continue Reading

Women’s History Month – Celebrating Dr. Eugenie V. Mielczarek

This post was written by Colleen Gerrity, Reading Room Coordinator. She is currently pursuing her MA in Psychology. Happy March, and Happy Women’s History Month! On this 35th celebration of Women’s History Month, we honor the ongoing achievements and contributions of women in the United States and around the world. Continue Reading

New and Updated Finding Aids – Part 2

John Thomson Mason, Jr. letter Letter from John Thomson Mason, Jr. to an unknown recipient, July 7, 1841. The letter was written during Mason’s tenure as U.S. Representative for the sixth district of Maryland. The letter reads: “House of Representatives, July 7, 1841, Dear Sir, You will do me a Continue Reading