Presidents Series: 1966 – 1973 – Lorin A. Thompson

This post was written by Lana Mason, Processing Student Assistant. Lana has an Associate of Arts degree in Fine Arts from Piedmont Virginia Community College. She is currently studying Art History at George Mason University. Lana was the recipient of the University Libraries Student Assistant Scholarship for the 2018-19 academic Continue Reading

Labor Day Closure

The Special Collections Research Center will be closed for the Labor Day holiday, Monday September 2nd. We will resume normal hours on Tuesday, September 3rd. Thank you! Follow Special Collections Research Center on Social Media at our Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts. To search the collections held at Special Collections Research Center, go to our website and browse the Continue Reading

My First Rare Book School Experience

This past July I, Brittney Falter, Research Services Coordinator, attended my first Rare Book School (RBS) session in Charlottesville, VA at the University of Virginia (UVA). I had been talking to my boss and SCRC’s director, Lynn Eaton, about attending RBS for a while now because I work with a Continue Reading

Interview with Dr. Ángel Cabrera

On June 19 former George Mason University president Dr. Ángel Cabrera sat down with Special Collections Research Center staff to record his recollections of seven years of service to the university. During the fifty-six minute interview Dr. Cabrera detailed how he was recruited, his initial interviews for the position of Continue Reading

SAA Annual Meeting 2019

This year only two members of SCRC were able to attend the SAA Annual Meeting in Austin, Texas. This meeting in particular was a fiery one to say the least. Without further ado, here are our Director’s impressions of the 2019 Annual Meeting! Lynn Eaton – Director From August 1 Continue Reading