Remembering A. Linwood Holton, Jr.

On Friday April 7, 1972, a group from George Mason College, led by Chancellor Lorin A. Thompson, met with Virginia Governor, A. Linwood Holton, Jr. at his office in Richmond. They were there to witness the Governor’s signing into law Virginia General Assembly Bill H 210 separating George Mason College from the University of Virginia […]

Read More »

Reflections on 9/11 from GMU’s Broadside collection

The events of September 11, 2001 have been on my mind a lot lately. I should explain why that’s unusual for me.  You see, I was only 10 when the planes hit the World Trade Center, and though we lived in New York state at the time, the horror unfolding in the city seemed far […]

Read More »

NEH Grant for the Buchanan Papers update 

This past spring, the George Mason University Libraries received a grant in the amount of $334,720 from the National Endowment of the Humanities’ Humanities Collection and Reference Resources program for the “Preserving the Legacy of James M. Buchanan” project.   The purpose of this processing grant project is to preserve and make accessible the James M. Buchanan Papers—the […]

Read More »

Chugging Along: My Year Working in SCRC

This blog post was written by Chris Babbitt, Processing Student Assistant and C-SPAN Digitization Project Assistant. Chris holds a Bachelor of Arts in History with a minor in Economics from George Mason University. He is currently pursuing an M.A. in History from George Mason University. I started at Special Collections Research Center almost a year […]

Read More »
%d bloggers like this: