The Civil War through the Collis S. Hough letters

Well, hello there! It’s so nice to have you back again.  I have a special treat for you today, and—SURPRISE!—it’s not about C-SPAN! Turns out I do have more than one dimension to my personality and I am capable of talking about other subjects.  (I know, you’re thinking, ‘well…..we’ll see.’) Continue Reading

CLIR Grant Helps SCRC Utilize New Technologies to Access Old Recordings

SCRC is completing an exciting grant project, which will provide users the opportunity learn more about federally-sponsored arts projects during the Great Depression from their computer, tablet, or phone in the voices of those who took part in them.  The grant, generously provided by the Council on Library and Information Continue Reading

The C-SPAN Chronicles: Season 2, Part VII

Hello again! I’m your host (again), Kelsey Kim, C-SPAN Project Archivist.  Today on the blog……..more about the C-SPAN project! Almost fooled you that this was about something else, right? Surprise! At this point, I imagine you’re thinking something along the lines of “This again? What more could she possibly have Continue Reading

Celebrating the 100th Anniversary of the 19th Amendment in the Midst of COVID-19 – Part 2

This is Part 2 of a two-part article. Part 1 can be accessed here. On November 17, 2020 the University Libraries and the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) conducted their yearly co-sponsored panel presentation. 2020’s presentation focused on the Womens’ Movement and was entitled: “The Equal Rights Amendment”. Because of Continue Reading