The C-SPAN Chronicles: Season 2, Part III

I’m not much of a cocktail party person (I prefer Netflix in my PJs), but occasionally, I manage to drag myself out of the house in the evening for some light socializing.  If you’ve ever been to any sort of party, you know that the one question you can always Continue Reading

REMIX!

It’s that time of year again! Virginia Archives Month is in full swing, and so is REMIX! What is REMIX you may ask? [REMIX] is a contest to inspire literal and figurative out-of-the-box ideas for cultural heritage collections. Archives aren’t just about serious research, they can be about serious (or Continue Reading

Digitization Highlights – The Randolph H. Lytton Historical Virginia Collection

This blog post was written by Bill Keeler, Student Assistant in charge of digitizing the Randolph H. Lytton Historical Virginia collection. Bill has a Bachelor of Arts in History with a focus in American History from George Mason University. He will be continuing his education at Simmons University with the Continue Reading

A Journey Through C-SPAN’s Viewer Mail

This post was written by Brandan Culbert. Being an archivist is fun… if you like to read other people’s mail. As an archival assistant, my role consists of reading letters and inputting corresponding information– it sounds mundane but is rather exciting. The current letters I am working on is C-SPAN’s Continue Reading