A Perspective on Fairy Tale Heroines

This post was written by Rocio Ramirez, Graduate Student Reading Room Coordinator. She is a graduate student in the Counseling and Development program here at George Mason. As the cold weather rolls in, I think back to the winters spent indoors reading books by the warm space heater. One of Continue Reading

The Two Ends of the Restaurant

This blog post was written by Christopher Babbitt, Processing Student Assistant. Christopher holds a Bachelor of Arts in History with a minor in Economics from George Mason University. He is currently pursuing an M.A. in History from George Mason University. As a student of history, working in the archival field Continue Reading

Sherlock Holmes: The World’s Greatest Detective

This post was written by Colleen Gerrity, Research Services Assistant. “My name is Sherlock Holmes. It is my business to know what other people do not know.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle, 1892 When you think of the word detective, who comes to mind? Maybe Continue Reading

Brass Rubbings: A Window to the Past – Brass Rubbings in Special Collections – Part 2

This post was written by Tavia Wager, Research Services Assistant. The George Mason University Special Collections Research Center is lucky enough to have two collections of brass rubbings, one donated by Vida Beaven, and the other by Bernard Brenner. This collection gives researchers the invaluable opportunity to study material culture, Continue Reading

A Journey Through C-SPAN’s Viewer Mail

This post was written by Brandan Culbert. Being an archivist is fun… if you like to read other people’s mail. As an archival assistant, my role consists of reading letters and inputting corresponding information– it sounds mundane but is rather exciting. The current letters I am working on is C-SPAN’s Continue Reading