Student Reflections – Lana Mason: A First Foray into Archives

This post was written by Lana Mason, Processing Student Assistant. Lana has an Associate of Arts degree in Fine Arts from Piedmont Virginia Community College. She is currently studying Art History with a minor in Arts Management at George Mason University. I’ve been working as an archival processing assistant at SCRC since February 2018. My […]

Read More »

Student Reflections – Jimmy Luong

This post was written by Jimmy Luong, Processing Student Assistant. Hello, I am a freshman at George Mason University working on my degree as a government major with potentially a focus on international security. I first found out about the Special Collections Research Center when touring the Fenwick Library and finding SCRC. Ever since then, […]

Read More »

V-E Day – The Jerome Epstein Collection

This post was written by Ben Brands, L. Claire Kincannon Graduate Intern. Ben has a Bachelors of History from the College of William and Mary, a Masters of History from George Mason University, and is currently a PhD candidate in History at George Mason University. As the inaugural L. Claire Kincannon Graduate Intern at the George Mason […]

Read More »

Jewish American Heritage Month – George and Ira Gershwin

In 2006, President George W. Bush proclaimed that the month of May in the United States would officially be known as Jewish American Heritage Month (JAHM) – a month to celebrate the significant and varied contributions of Jewish Americans to American culture. The proclamation of JAHM was the long-awaited success of the Jewish Museum of […]

Read More »
%d bloggers like this: