At Fenwick Library, SC&A and many other departments are preparing for construction of a new addition to the library. Check out the FOCUS (Fenwick Online Construction Update Site) to keep up with construction news. Recent work by the construction company includes installing fences around the perimeter of the construction site, paving an alternate sidewalk between Fenwick Library and the Clock Tower plaza, and fireproofing of Wing A and Wing B connecting corridors on the first and second floors.
The construction of an emergency exit stairwell through SC&A will directly affect some of our offices and storage areas. As a result some personnel moved to new offices and we moved supplies and collections in preparation for the construction of the emergency exit. While some collections are now stored in new locations within the department, others are located in off-site storage.
Finding aids for off-site collections include a note on their current location. In the Descriptive Summary a location note states: “This collection is located offsite at the WRLC storage facility. Delivery of boxes may take up to two business days, so box requests must be made prior to visiting the Special Collections and Archives reading room.”
Below is a current list of recently moved collections. If you are interested in accessing any of these collections, requests will have to be made by contacting our Research Services Coordinator before visiting our reading room. Thank you for your patience and understanding during construction. We are looking forward to the new office, collection, research, and exhibit spaces that will be completed in the future.
- The Civic Education Project records
- The John W. Burton papers
- The Joel T. Broyhill papers
- The Carol D. Litchfield microbiology collection
- Arden B. Schell Watergate collection
- George Mason University Facilities Management records
- George Mason University Relations newsclippings collection
- George Mason University Office of University Relations press releases
- American Public Transportation Association records
- C. Harrison Mann, Jr. papers
- Reston Reflections oral history collection
- James H. Laue papers
- Jack Underhill papers
- George Mason University Dissertation and Thesis collection