Reflections on 9/11 from GMU’s Broadside collection

The events of September 11, 2001 have been on my mind a lot lately. I should explain why that’s unusual for me.  You see, I was only 10 when the planes hit the World Trade Center, and though we lived in New York state at the time, the horror unfolding in the city seemed far […]

Read More »

New and Updated Finding Aids – Part Five

All of these collections are available for use in the Special Collections Research Center. All collections mentioned were processed by Amanda Brent. Ballet Russe de Monte Carlo “Les Sylphides” performance photographs by Sasha Three black and white photographs taken by Sasha to promote a London tour performance of “Les Sylphides” by Ballet Russe de Monte […]

Read More »

A Book of Memories

This post was written by Colleen Gerrity, Reading Room Coordinator. She is starting her Master’s degree at Mason this year. Last summer, I took on the gargantuan task of sorting, organizing, and arranging 30+ years of my family’s photographs into photo albums. I took the heavy boxes home from my mom’s house, stuffed them into […]

Read More »

The Civil War through the Collis S. Hough letters

Well, hello there! It’s so nice to have you back again.  I have a special treat for you today, and—SURPRISE!—it’s not about C-SPAN! Turns out I do have more than one dimension to my personality and I am capable of talking about other subjects.  (I know, you’re thinking, ‘well…..we’ll see.’) Allow me to show you. […]

Read More »
%d bloggers like this: