The Price of Going Paperless

Despite the increasing amount of businesses using digital platforms, paper still exists in massive quantities in the records management world. The University Records Center here at Mason houses 12,500 boxes of paper records. In terms of the individual sheets of paper, some calculations estimate we have more than 30 million documents. 30,000,000 pieces of paper. […]

Read More »

War Photography in “From Tintypes to .TIFFs” Exhibit

In addition to its timeline of photographic processes, the Special Collection Research Center (SCRC)’s “From Tintypes to .TIFFs: Life through the Lens” exhibit explores particularly interesting photographic collections in our holdings. Photographs from one of the collections highlighted, the Military Assistance Group, Vietnam (MACV) Team 58 collection by 1st Lieutenant Al Short, provide a glimpse […]

Read More »

Reprocessing the Robert Breen Papers – Part II

Hello all! Amanda here again to chat with you about the Robert Breen papers. As reprocessing continues, I thought I’d share with you some of my favorite records from this collection (my most favorites being the Gloria Swanson and Joan Crawford letters, which you can see here.) Because the majority of the collection originates from […]

Read More »

Intern With SCRC in Spring 2018!

Special Collections Research Center is offering three internships for the Spring 2018 semester in Digitization, Exhibits, and Transcription for GMU and non-GMU students alike. If you’d like practical experience in special collections, archives, and/or digitization, one of these internships may be ideal for you or someone you know. Details on how to apply are available […]

Read More »
%d bloggers like this: