Cookbooks!

Special guest blog post from George Mason University Libraries’ Ordering Coordinator Meaghan O’Malley! The Rosemary Poole Cookbook Collection in Special Collections & Archives gives patrons of the University Libraries’ unique access to the documentation of 19th century housewifery, cookery, hostessing, basic first aid and treatment of common illnesses, and easy household Continue Reading

Holiday Recipes from Former Times

With the holiday season in full swing, we’ve been inspired here in the library by some of the recipes found in our Rosemary Poole Cookbook Collection. The collection includes over 200 cookbooks from the 18th, 19th, and 20th centuries covering a range of regions and cuisines with books on proper Continue Reading

"Even if you can't cook, you can make a JELL-O dessert"

My coworker and I recently finished putting together a new exhibit on display here in Fenwick Library on “hidden treasures” at SC&A. Our focus was to showcase some of the more unusual pieces in our various collections. In researching material for inclusion in this exhibit I knew I wanted to Continue Reading