NEH Grant for the Buchanan Papers update 

This past spring, the George Mason University Libraries received a grant in the amount of $334,720 from the National Endowment of the Humanities’ Humanities Collection and Reference Resources program for the “Preserving the Legacy of James M. Buchanan” project.   The purpose of this processing grant project is to preserve and make accessible Continue Reading

George Mason College’s Class of ’68: Green and Gold and Mason Day

This is Part 2 of a four-part series of articles pertaining to the George Mason University Class of 1968. The text is borrowed from SCRC’s exhibition “First Class: Mason ’68 and Beyond” currently on display through August 2018 in the SCRC Gallery. The Class of ’68 laid the groundwork for Continue Reading

Mahogani Harper: My Experience as a Student Assistant at Special Collection

Working at the Special Collections Research Center (SCRC) as a student assistant has been a unique and enjoyable experience. I’ve met people from many groups and departments at Mason while working at the front desk, and have encountered books that were older than my great grandmother while working in the Continue Reading

Stuck Out of Time

Photos, snapshots of a minute frame of time, often only a fraction of a second, provide a stark and seemingly frozen glance into the past. Special Collections Research Center’s (SCRC) exhibit through April, From Tintypes to .TIFFs displays a variety of these tiny glimpses into the past in a multitude Continue Reading

University Archives Series: The Office of University Relations Press Releases

This post was written by Zach Greenfield, Student Processing Assistant. Over the course of the semester I have been working as a processing assistant in the Special Collections Research Center. I have had the very interesting job of going through the University Records, specifically the Office of University Relations. What Continue Reading