Processing from the Outside In: Processing Plan

Hello and welcome back to Processing from the Outside In, where I’ll be sharing with you updates from the James M. Buchanan papers processing project. It’s been six months since I’ve started working on the project, which means we’re one-quarter of the way finished! In my last blog post, I discussed my initial survey of […]

Read More »
James M. Buchanan surrounded by members of the media.

Processing from the Outside In: The James M. Buchanan Papers

Hello all and welcome to Processing from the Outside In: a new blog series where I’ll be sharing with you updates from our National Endowment for the Humanities grant to process the papers of James M. Buchanan. I’m Rebecca Thayer, the project archivist for the grant. James M. Buchanan (1919-2013) was a Nobel Prize-winning economist […]

Read More »

The James M. Buchanan Papers Processing Project: Beginnings

Way back in spring 2020 (as noted by SCRC director Lynn Eaton in an earlier post), SCRC received some welcome good news at a moment when it seemed in short supply. We were informed that our application for a National Endowment for the Humanities grant to finish processing the James McGill Buchanan papers had been […]

Read More »

NEH Grant for the Buchanan Papers update 

This past spring, the George Mason University Libraries received a grant in the amount of $334,720 from the National Endowment of the Humanities’ Humanities Collection and Reference Resources program for the “Preserving the Legacy of James M. Buchanan” project.   The purpose of this processing grant project is to preserve and make accessible the James M. Buchanan Papers—the […]

Read More »
%d bloggers like this: