Progress: LGBTQ Identities and Issues at George Mason University from the 1970s through the 1990s – Part 2

This post was written by Lana Mason, Processing Student Assistant. Lana has an Associate of Arts degree in Fine Arts from Piedmont Virginia Community College. She is currently studying Art History at George Mason University. Lana is the recipient of the University Libraries Student Assistant Scholarship for the 2018-19 academic Continue Reading

New and Updated Finding Aids

The SCRC Processing Team has been hard at work processing and re-processing collections, which means we have some brand spankin’ new and updated finding aids! Find out more below! The Randolph H. Lytton Historical Virginia collection This collection was processed by Processing Student Assistant Bill Keeler. “Fairfax County was originally Continue Reading

Progress: LGBTQ Identities and Issues at George Mason University from the 1970s through the 1990s – Part 1 

This post was written by Lana Mason, Processing Student Assistant. Lana has an Associate of Arts degree in Fine Arts from Piedmont Virginia Community College. She is currently studying Art History with a minor in Arts Management at George Mason University. Today, George Mason University (GMU) is lauded for its Continue Reading

Adventures in Processing – The Randolph H. Lytton Collection

This post was written by Bill Keeler, Processing Student Assistant. Bill is studying History with a focus in American History at George Mason University. Hello! During my last blog post I highlighted the Randolph H. Lytton Historical Virginia collection, including items that exhibited different emotions a soldier felt during the Continue Reading

Reprocessing the Robert Breen Papers – Part III

Hello again! Amanda here to chat with you about reprocessing the Robert Breen papers, which is nearing completion! Over the past few months, I have had my hands on most of the Robert Breen papers and seen many records that I found interesting and exciting. As an archivist, one of Continue Reading