The C-SPAN Chronicles: Part VI – Lessons Learned

Hello all! Amanda here with another – and sadly the last – of the C-SPAN Chronicles. I thought it would be fun (and informative!) to reflect on the lessons I’ve learned undertaking and completing the processing portion of this project. It has been quite the journey, and since I began Continue Reading

The C-SPAN Chronicles: Part V – Cassette Tapes, and DATS, and U-matics, Oh My! or Processing Audiovisual Materials in the C-SPAN Papers Project

Hello all! Amanda here with another edition of the C-SPAN Chronicles. This week I will be discussing the challenges of processing audiovisual materials in archival collections, and the specific challenges I have encountered when processing them in the C-SPAN papers. Let’s go! Imagine you open a box. Inside are various Continue Reading

The C-SPAN Chronicles: Part IV – Viewer Mail

Hello all! Amanda here with another edition of the C-SPAN Chronicles. As this project has progressed, I have had ample time to re-examine this collection, as well as the unique records it holds. Despite some of the more serious portions of the collection, there are those that are more entertaining (see Continue Reading

The C-SPAN Chronicles: Part III – To Rebox or Not to Rebox?

Hello again! Amanda here with another edition of the C-SPAN Chronicles. As processing has progressed, I now find myself with the task of reboxing and finalizing the official inventory of the C-SPAN records. Though a somewhat straightforward task, reboxing and inventorying isn’t without its challenges. But first of all, let’s Continue Reading

The C-SPAN Chronicles: Part II – Unique Finds – Processing is Like A Box of Chocolates: You Never Know What You’re Gonna Get

Hello there! Amanda here again with another edition of the C-SPAN Chronicles. This week I will be exploring unique items found in the C-SPAN records – some straightforward, some, well…not so much. As a processor, I have spent many an hour surveying collections, and usually this task is fairly clear-cut. But Continue Reading