No Rest in Relocation: The University Records Center Renovation

Moving is no simple task. Whether you’re moving into your first college apartment from your parents’ house, or moving across the country with your spouse in search of new opportunities and careers. Moving is especially difficult when you’ve got a lot of stuff – whether you need to downsize, rent Continue Reading

Bound with Care: Rare Book Bindings

When researching with rare books, it is important to remember that rare books contain so much more information than just the words found on the page! In the General Collections, the focus of a book is usually the text and the information contained therein. While this continues to be an Continue Reading

Virginia Archives Month – REMIX Contest!

Every October is Virginia Archives Month, and here at SCRC we are celebrating with this year’s theme – Spirits in the Archives! We’ll be celebrating all October long, but you can participate early by entering the REMIX contest. Please see our flyer for details – we are looking Continue Reading

The C-SPAN Chronicles: Part V – Cassette Tapes, and DATS, and U-matics, Oh My! or Processing Audiovisual Materials in the C-SPAN Papers Project

Hello all! Amanda here with another edition of the C-SPAN Chronicles. This week I will be discussing the challenges of processing audiovisual materials in archival collections, and the specific challenges I have encountered when processing them in the C-SPAN papers. Let’s go! Imagine you open a box. Inside are various Continue Reading

Travel Series: Hi’iaka

Hello all! Amanda here. I was one of the curators of Special Collection Research Center’s summer exhibition “Around the World in (Almost) 80 Days,” which although now closed, lingers on in this last Travel Series post. During the curation and building of this exhibit, my co-curator Brittney Falter and I Continue Reading