Happy 136th Birthday, Virginia Woolf!

Virginia Woolf is easily described as one of the greatest and most innovative writers of the English language. Woolf, born in England on January 25, 1882 was also a pioneer of feminist and experimental writing, being one of the first to ever write a novel in a stream-of-consciousness narrative voice. Continue Reading

Last Chance to See: Advances in Science, 1586-1999

We are like dwarfs sitting on the shoulders of giants. We see more, and things that are more distant, than they did, not because our sight is superior or because we are taller than they, but because they raise us up, and by their great stature add to ours.   Continue Reading

Reprocessing the Robert Breen Papers – Part II

Hello all! Amanda here again to chat with you about the Robert Breen papers. As reprocessing continues, I thought I’d share with you some of my favorite records from this collection (my most favorites being the Gloria Swanson and Joan Crawford letters, which you can see here.) Because the majority Continue Reading

George Mason University Pioneer: Eugenie V. Mielczarek

This post was written by Mike Rynearson, Research Services Assistant. In this week’s blog, we took the time to spotlight one of our manuscript collections of a trailblazing woman at George Mason University and in the scientific community. After graduating from Catholic University in 1963 with her Ph.D. in Physics, Continue Reading