The Lavinia Scott Papers: An Introduction

Welcome to a new blog series detailing my work processing the Lavinia Scott papers, one of our newly acquired collections. I’m Meghan Glasbrenner, Assistant Processing Archivist for SCRC, and I am excited to introduce you all to Lavinia Scott, aunt of former George Mason University Provost (2000-2014) and Professor of History Dr. Peter Stearns. Born […]

Read More »
Black and white photograph of three couples of men and women at a restaurant. The men are in military uniforms.

Processing from the Outside In: Ann Bakke Buchanan

This blog post was written by Rachel Barton, GRA for the Buchanan Papers processing project and is one in a series about the project. The project is supervised by Buchanan Papers Project Archivist Rebecca Thayer and is grant funded by the National Endowment for the Humanities. When you work in a collection like the James […]

Read More »
James M. Buchanan, Betty Tillman, and unlabeled person pose outdoors

Processing from the Outside In: Care of Betty Tillman

This post is one in a series about the Buchanan Papers processing project. The project is supervised by Buchanan Papers Project Archivist Rebecca Thayer and is grant funded by the National Endowment for the Humanities. One of my favorite things about processing is learning about a person or organization through their papers. While I knew […]

Read More »
Eight playbills for different theater shows are laid out on a wooden table.

Exploring the Martin Cohen Theater Collection

Recently, I took a turn away from my standard digital work to do something I haven’t done since I was a teeny weeny undergraduate student about….ten years ago (hey, 30s are the new 20s)—PROCESSING! And I got a great collection to jump into.  The materials belonged to a late GMU professor, Dr. Martin Cohen (d. […]

Read More »

New and Updated Finding Aids – Part 2

John Thomson Mason, Jr. letter Letter from John Thomson Mason, Jr. to an unknown recipient, July 7, 1841. The letter was written during Mason’s tenure as U.S. Representative for the sixth district of Maryland. The letter reads: “House of Representatives, July 7, 1841, Dear Sir, You will do me a favor by giving the information […]

Read More »
%d bloggers like this: