Reprocessing the Robert Breen Papers – Part III

Hello again! Amanda here to chat with you about reprocessing the Robert Breen papers, which is nearing completion! Over the past few months, I have had my hands on most of the Robert Breen papers and seen many records that I found interesting and exciting. As an archivist, one of Continue Reading

Student Reflections – Bill Keeler: My Journey to Civil War-Era Virginia

This post was written by Bill Keeler, Processing Student Assistant. Bill is studying History with a focus in American History at George Mason University. After finishing the Stephen S. Fuller papers, I have begun processing a new collection donated by George Mason University’s own Randolph H. Lytton. The collection is Continue Reading

New Finding Aids

In an effort to bring more attention to our recently processed/reprocessed archival collections, we will be posting links to our new and updated finding aids from time to time! This round we have an interesting variety of collections that are now available for access in SCRC. The Chester H. McCall Continue Reading

Reprocessing the Robert Breen Papers – Part II

Hello all! Amanda here again to chat with you about the Robert Breen papers. As reprocessing continues, I thought I’d share with you some of my favorite records from this collection (my most favorites being the Gloria Swanson and Joan Crawford letters, which you can see here.) Because the majority Continue Reading

Reprocessing the Robert Breen Papers – Part I

Hello all! Amanda here again on Vault 217. Today I will be writing about something that I feel is not often discussed in the archival world – reprocessing! If you’ve read any of my previous blog entries (such as the C-SPAN chronicles, where I discussed archival processing at length) you’ll Continue Reading