Progress: LGBTQ Identities and Issues at George Mason University from the 1970s through the 1990s – Part 1 

This post was written by Lana Mason, Processing Student Assistant. Lana has an Associate of Arts degree in Fine Arts from Piedmont Virginia Community College. She is currently studying Art History with a minor in Arts Management at George Mason University. Today, George Mason University (GMU) is lauded for its Continue Reading

Adventures in Processing – The Randolph H. Lytton Collection

This post was written by Bill Keeler, Processing Student Assistant. Bill is studying History with a focus in American History at George Mason University. Hello! During my last blog post I highlighted the Randolph H. Lytton Historical Virginia collection, including items that exhibited different emotions a soldier felt during the Continue Reading

Reprocessing the Robert Breen Papers – Part III

Hello again! Amanda here to chat with you about reprocessing the Robert Breen papers, which is nearing completion! Over the past few months, I have had my hands on most of the Robert Breen papers and seen many records that I found interesting and exciting. As an archivist, one of Continue Reading

Student Reflections – Bill Keeler: My Journey to Civil War-Era Virginia

This post was written by Bill Keeler, Processing Student Assistant. Bill is studying History with a focus in American History at George Mason University. After finishing the Stephen S. Fuller papers, I have begun processing a new collection donated by George Mason University’s own Randolph H. Lytton. The collection is Continue Reading

New Finding Aids

In an effort to bring more attention to our recently processed/reprocessed archival collections, we will be posting links to our new and updated finding aids from time to time! This round we have an interesting variety of collections that are now available for access in SCRC. The Chester H. McCall Continue Reading