The Lavinia Scott Papers: An Introduction

Welcome to a new blog series detailing my work processing the Lavinia Scott papers, one of our newly acquired collections. I’m Meghan Glasbrenner, Assistant Processing Archivist for SCRC, and I am excited to introduce you all to Lavinia Scott, aunt of former George Mason University Provost (2000-2014) and Professor of Continue Reading

Exploring the Martin Cohen Theater Collection

Eight playbills for different theater shows are laid out on a wooden table.

Recently, I took a turn away from my standard digital work to do something I haven’t done since I was a teeny weeny undergraduate student about….ten years ago (hey, 30s are the new 20s)—PROCESSING! And I got a great collection to jump into.  The materials belonged to a late GMU Continue Reading

New and Updated Finding Aids – Part 2

John Thomson Mason, Jr. letter Letter from John Thomson Mason, Jr. to an unknown recipient, July 7, 1841. The letter was written during Mason’s tenure as U.S. Representative for the sixth district of Maryland. The letter reads: “House of Representatives, July 7, 1841, Dear Sir, You will do me a Continue Reading

New and Updated Finding Aids – Part 1

All of these collections were processed by Amanda Brent and are available for use in the Special Collections Research Center. Harry Partch playing his Cloud-Chamber Bowls instrument photographs Two black and white photographs of Harry Partch playing his Cloud-Chamber Bowls instrument, taken March 10 and 11, 1962. Both photographs are Continue Reading

Processing from the Outside In: Processing Plan

Hello and welcome back to Processing from the Outside In, where I’ll be sharing with you updates from the James M. Buchanan papers processing project. It’s been six months since I’ve started working on the project, which means we’re one-quarter of the way finished! In my last blog post, I Continue Reading