Reprocessing the Robert Breen Papers – Part I

Hello all! Amanda here again on Vault 217. Today I will be writing about something that I feel is not often discussed in the archival world – reprocessing! If you’ve read any of my previous blog entries (such as the C-SPAN chronicles, where I discussed archival processing at length) you’ll Continue Reading

Advances in Science Exhibit Reception

Please join Special Collections Research Center for our exhibition reception on Tuesday. We will also have a guest speaker, Dr. James Trefil. We are showcasing a variety of materials, such as rare books, photographs and documents that touch on areas such as bioscience, information technology, engineering, and space exploration. If Continue Reading

University Archives Series: The Office of University Relations Press Releases

This post was written by Zach Greenfield, Student Processing Assistant. Over the course of the semester I have been working as a processing assistant in the Special Collections Research Center. I have had the very interesting job of going through the University Records, specifically the Office of University Relations. What Continue Reading

New Exhibit: Advances in Science, 1586-1999

Bioscience. Space Exploration. Engineering. Information Technology. These are but a few of the rapidly advancing fields of science which affect our modern lives. Achievements in these disciplines have built, and continue to build upon discoveries made by preceding generations of scientists. As Sir Isaac Newton famously wrote, “If I have Continue Reading