“Showing Us Our Own Face”: Performing Arts and the Human Experience

Performance is a uniquely human quality. Humans – the only creatures on earth able to conceptualize realities other than the present one – over the millennia have followed the urge to present these realities to each other in a multitude of ways. This need to witness and empathize with the joys, struggles, triumphs, failures, and […]

Read More »

Thanksgiving Break Closure

Special Collections Research Center will be closed beginning next Tuesday, November 26 at 4:30pm and will reopen on Monday, December 2 at 9:30am. Enjoy your break!  

Read More »

The C-SPAN Chronicles: Season 2, Part III

I’m not much of a cocktail party person (I prefer Netflix in my PJs), but occasionally, I manage to drag myself out of the house in the evening for some light socializing.  If you’ve ever been to any sort of party, you know that the one question you can always anticipate is “what do you […]

Read More »

Presidents Series: 1973 – 1977 – Vergil H. Dykstra

This post was written by Lana Mason, Processing Student Assistant. Lana has an Associate of Arts degree in Fine Arts from Piedmont Virginia Community College. She is currently studying Art History at George Mason University. Lana was the recipient of the University Libraries Student Assistant Scholarship for the 2018-19 academic year. This is the second […]

Read More »
%d bloggers like this: