Digitization Highlights – The Randolph H. Lytton Historical Virginia Collection

This blog post was written by Bill Keeler, Student Assistant in charge of digitizing the Randolph H. Lytton Historical Virginia collection. Bill has a Bachelor of Arts in History with a focus in American History from George Mason University. He will be continuing his education at Simmons University with the Continue Reading

My First Rare Book School Experience

This past July I, Brittney Falter, Research Services Coordinator, attended my first Rare Book School (RBS) session in Charlottesville, VA at the University of Virginia (UVA). I had been talking to my boss and SCRC’s director, Lynn Eaton, about attending RBS for a while now because I work with a Continue Reading

New and Updated Finding Aids

The SCRC processing team has been hard at work processing and reprocessing collections, which mean (drumroll please)…more new and updated finding aids! Of note, the former Virginia historic documents collection (C0034) has been revamped so that each item will appropriately have its own finding aid and collection number. See below Continue Reading

Marchives Madness

Guess what!?   Special Collections Research Center is trying something new! We are so excited to be finishing up our new exhibition of staff picks. For the first time, we have created an online exhibition that follows along with our physical one and would love for people to interact. This Continue Reading

Recently Digitized Collections – Part 1

SCRC has been hard at work getting various collections digitized over the past few months! Digitizing a collection is no simple trick – it’s laborious and time consuming in both intellectual and physical senses. Multiple SCRC archivists and student workers assist on the digitization of collections. From the processing of Continue Reading